Adjustment of Status

If you have traveled to the United States on a fiancée visa (K-1), employment-related visa (H-1B), or certain other temporary visas, you may qualify to apply for a green card through the adjustment of status (AOS) process. Our attorneys will help you determine your eligibility for adjustment of status and support you through the entire application and interview.

We will handle the preparation and submission of the petition and application on Forms I-130 and I-485, and employ strategies to streamline the information gathering process. Unlike the consular visa process, adjustment of status takes place within the United States and can move more quickly with the proper attention.

During this process, USCIS will conduct a biometric screening and a mandatory criminal background check. An interview is then scheduled at a local USCIS field office. Our attorneys will prepare you for these appointments to ensure no interruption to the process.